Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week 20 & 21

Baby,

You have become a mover and a shaker! I feel you moving around multiple times a day and for longer periods of time too. I still have yet to feel any movements on the top right side of my belly. I'm convinced that is where your placenta is attached. It has become very obvious that you're in my belly now.

We got to see you a lot during week 20 because we had the anatomy scan ultrasound at my 20 week appointment. You seem to be growing right on schedule and very normally. The ultrasound tech got a great picture of your face and I can say that you are very cute even at your estimated weight of only 13 oz. You're papa is so smitten with you and I'm right there with him. This whole process of growing you for months without much in the way of feeling or outward appearance of being pregnant has been hard emotionally. I mean, I felt bad that I hadn't really connected with you. Hadn't really thought too much about you once you were outside. That changed quite a bit after seeing you moving around inside and looking so much like a tiny person. I really love you already. I hope that you continue to rock the development process and come out strong and healthy!

Now - for my own symptom report --- not for you baby!
I've been more consistently having to get up to pee. At about 3am I'm up every night to pee. It stinks, but I fall right back to sleep. I've also developed --- gasp---- hemorrhoids. I'd say this is by far the worse symptom of pregnancy, except that they haven't really been too horrible. I've been more diligent about drinking water daily and eating healthy. I've had a couple flare ups, but seem to be on the right track now. Another pregnancy related side effect... skin tags. I have one under my right arm in my armpit. I also had one my my nipple that I picked off accidentally! I thought it was a piece of lint. Other than that, and my allergic reaction to coco butter this week I haven't had much for symptoms. My face broke out this week like it hasn't in a couple years, but it is clearing up now. I've been washing more frequently (I'm very bad about remembering to wash before bed) and trying not to pick! I hope that doesn't continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment