Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Salamander 15 weeks

The nausea is finally... finally lifting. I'm feeling better everyday. Nothing dramatic. No night to day difference. I'm still feeling kind of tired in the mornings. I've been drinking coffee on a bit more of a regular basis. Still limiting my intact on any particular day, but enjoying a small cup with quite a bit of creamer a few times a week. I've broken down and gotten a medium half decaf more than a few times from Dunkin.

I've started taking the DHA supplement again. I'm not sure if this is the really good time to take it or not. My research has been limited to baby center weekly updates and the Child is Born book. That book is awesome when you're newly pregnant to get an idea of what's going on in there, but I find that once it stops being a weekly update it stops being as integral to my pregnant life. We're in the middle of a chunk of time and doesn't start a new reading until around 20 weeks.

I have grand plans to purchase another book, but when searching through amazon I found so many I wanted to read. I can't spend a hundred... or more on books! That money could be going towards diapers or a breast pump. I'm really feeling the pinch. Maybe they have some of them at the library?

My belly is starting to show. Just a tiny little bump right now, but Dave thinks its huge! If I were more sensitive I'd probably be offended by his exuberance. But I know that it is coming from a place of pure excitement. He tells me almost daily that he can't wait to meet our baby. I'm really happy to be able to go through this whole process with him. It makes me love him so much more. With the belly poking out and the ultrasound and the nausea lifting... and all the other things that have been going on, I'm slowly starting to view this as reality. I'm starting to get excited myself. It will be much easier after my screening tests are done next week and I get the good results I'm hoping/partly expecting.

We also received our official first baby related gift. (My mom's purchase of the sideboard doesn't count.)Jessica passed her baby sleeping bag thing down to us. It is a canvas bag that is lined with sheep skin. It is very very very warm. Our new winter baby should be super warm in it. I'm so happy to be reusing something that has been used by a number of other babies! All the way from snowy Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment