Thursday, August 11, 2011

Salamander week 17 - 19

Not much has happened during this time period. Baby has been growing and nausea and fatigue have lifted. I've felt really great. We finally had our yard sale and got rid of a ton of stuff. We made a couple hundred dollars and promptly spent it on Harborfest and other treats. We hooked up with someone on Craigslist that was having a fundraiser for their dog's surgery. She gave us $500 in certificates for a tax deduction... and came and picked all the leftovers up. I was extremely happy to have the stuff gone! We still have a few things that were over looked and didn't make it into the sale that need to be donated... but all in all it was a huge success!

Dave finished up his official slacker time for the summer. The weekend of August 6th was his official cut off for fun summer stuff and beginning of the get-crap-done-at-the-house-before-the-freakin-baby-arrives time. I've still dialed back my expectations of what will be done and what will not. I want the baby's room to be finished because I want to make sure there is at least one place that is complete and dust free for the baby and my own sanity. And you know what that's fine.

I've really tried to rope in the crazy lists and desire to have and do it all. Reality is something I'm trying to embrace. Including: being happy with what we have, who we are and where we're likely to really go in the next couple years. I'm really okay with it. I know that the baby will take up a lot of time in 2012. Getting to know her or him and figuring out how to keep them happy has a huge learning curve. I hope that I do really well in that department, but I know I'll have times where it seems like too much or just enough. It's all going to be so new that I don't want to set myself up with unrealistic expectations of everything else. You know, I won't get crafty and make my own crib bedding. Its simply not going to happen. There are too many other important things going on. And I'm really okay with that.

Deep relaxing breaths that actually feel good... what's this? Contentment? Not sure I've been here before. Don't get me wrong, anxiety is filtering in sometimes. Still, I've really dialed back on the freak out during this pregnancy. I'm settling in for the ride. It's going to be nutty, but so many other women have done it before. I know it's going to change everything about our lives but I also know it's doable. So, I'm content to just enjoy the time we have and the experiences that we're going through right  now.

How about you? Are you living in the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment